What is GALATEA?
GALATEA is a H2020 project which aims at supporting SMEs eager to contribute to the development of Blue Growth.
The project focuses on 4 main domains having a high potential in terms of smart and sustainable growth: the Smart Ship, the Smart Port, the Smart Shipyard and Maritime Surveillance.
3 horizontal dimensions of paramount importance for these four domains are in addition taken into account: Digital transition, Ecological transition and Circular Economy.
- To foster the creation or the improvement of products (goods and service) or the improvement of production processes with the reduction of raw material consumption.
- To enhance the development of new value chains in the targeted four Blue Growth domains through a systematic approach providing innovation support to individual and consortium of SMEs.
- To support the development of large-scale demonstrators.
- To provide innovation support through Vouchers, services and other support mechanisms to SMEs.
- To offer SMEs the opportunity to extend their markets worldwide.
- Challenge emergence: End-users identified in the 6 domains of interest are involved to list and analyse their actual needs and challenges;
- Projects emergence: Innovative actors will be gathered during several events in order to favour project ideas and to give the opportunity to meet and share;
- Innovation support: Open calls for proposal and for services will be launched to select SMEs offering a solution to the identified needs. They will get up to 60 000 € for the development of their solution and/or a coaching service offered by clusters partners;
- Monitoring and evaluation: Funded project will be monitored and evaluate by the clusters partners to measure their impact;
- Projects sustainability: GALATEA partners will ensure the sustainability of the funded project by investigating the possible next steps for the granted SMEs.